Many things have been accomplished since the last post. One of the most exciting is that the rough in plumbing is done and approved. It took several days of hard work. Here are some pictures:
Second floor plumbing in first floor ceiling
Second floor bathroom rough in plumbing for sink and toilet. When we tested the drainage vent system by filling it entirely with water the toilet plug leaked water down on to the table saw.
Second floor bathroom rough in plumbing for shower
Main vent stack going into roof. We still need to complete its path penetrating through the roof. The main vent stack ended up in a wall that I hadn't anticipated it in and so I had to pad it out to accommodate the 3" ABS pipe.
Second floor laundry rough in plumbing. We decided to move the laundry into the second floor bathroom. It fits rather nicely under the eave. It was like I had planned it all along.
Water line supplies for kitchen and second floor bathroom drain. The standard is to use plastic pex pipe for all water lines--cheaper to buy and quicker to install. However, in the event that we discover that pex leaches some yet-to-be named toxic acronym into our hot water I thought it best that we have at least one copper line in the house.
Air test setup for water lines. It was a lot of work to setup for a test that lasted 5 minutes. The only leak we found was a compression fitting (Pro-press) that hadn't been pressed.