We spent the first few hours of the morning recovering from the rain storm. The clay does us no favors–it doesn’t drain and it turns into very slippery mud. A drainage ditch was dug to drain some standing water, dirt was put in low spots, wood chips were put on top. The garage pit had 6-7″ of standing water in it. Luckily Thom had a sump pump handy. It took about an hour to extract the water. Fortunately dry air and a good breeze helped dry things out. The day turned out great. We got our rebar, wire ties, and metal mesh dropped off in the morning ($715). Adam, John S., Thom and I finished up the form work for the house footings.