Over the last couple of weeks we had to take time away from siding the house to put up some dry wall and wooden ceilings. The dry wall that we put in was so the insulators could insulate some partition walls for sound or fire proofing. Dense pack cellulose does a great job at both, and we are looking forward to a very quiet master bedroom. We put in the wooden ceilings because they hold up the cellulose in the roof in some areas, and we simply needed to get the material out of our way after bringing it in from the garage due to the hurricane.
Nearly the entire first floor ceiling is knotty pine tongue and groove 1x8's. We chose this material for a couple of reasons sheet rock has a high carbon foot print, and I didn't want to deal with installing heavy sheets of sheet rock on the ceiling. Oh, and I suppose the fact that it looks awesome might be a reason as well.
In order to keep cellulose dust from entering the living space through the T&G pine boards, we first installed Typar.
The upstairs hall way.
Adam installing tongue and groove boards in the master bedroom
The third floor space has changed dramatically over the last couple of weeks.